- Scope and Subject of Regulation
- Types of Information
- Applicable Law
- Status of Rambler Regulations and Official Documents
- Terms of Access to Rambler Internet Resources and User Consent
- Collection and Processing of User Information
- Restrictions on Obtaining Information from and about Minors
- Limitation of Liability for the Accuracy of Information Received
- Storage of User Information
- Information Protection
- Access to User Information
- User Rights with Respect to Information
- Restriction of Distribution and Provision of User Information
- Limitation of Use of User Profile Information
- Use of Browser Stored Information
- Limitation of Liability of Top 100 Participants
- Access to Rambler Internet Resources and Third Party Internet Resources
- Limitation of the Rules in Relation to the Internet Resources and Actions of Third Parties
- User Appeals
- Access to the Regulation
- Rambler Right to Change the Regulation
This User Information Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the "Regulation") is an official document of the legal entities within the Rambler&Co group of companies, namely: RIH LLC, Afisha Company LLC, Eda.Ru LLC, Lenta.Ru LLC, Gazeta.Ru JSC, Rambler Group LLC (hereinafter referred to as "Rambler") and has been developed and implemented by Rambler in relation to Rambler resources, projects and services (hereinafter referred to as "Internet Resources"), including Rambler/Top-100 resources (hereinafter referred to as "Top-100").
This Regulation defines the conditions and purposes for collection, storage, protection, processing, provision and dissemination of user information of Internet Resources.
Rambler address: 117105, Russia, Moscow, Varshavskoe shosse, 9, bldg. 1.
In accordance with these Regulations, user information shall include:
- Standard data automatically received by the http server when accessing the Internet Resources (host IP-address, address of the requested resource, time, type and information about the viewer that sent the resource request, type of the user's operating system, address of the Internet page from which the transition to the requested resource was made, and the header containing the session identifier for the authorized user);
- Standard data automatically received by the http server when accessing the Internet Resources of third parties using Top 100 statistics system counter (host IP-address, address of the requested resource, time, type and information about the viewer that sent the resource request, type of the user operating system, address of the Internet page from which the transition to the requested resource was made);
- Data of the electronic forms filled in and sent to Rambler at the user initiative at registration and use of the corresponding Internet Resources (user profiles, including, without limitation: user names, logins, passwords, user first and last name, gender, date of birth, security questions and answers, e-mail addresses, sociometric data and data about their preferences, as well as information about the user actions expressing their personal attitude to information on the Internet Resources "like", "share", etc.);
- Data received by Rambler from partners and third parties using OpenID and OAuth protocols;
- Browser stored information automatically obtained when accessing the Internet Resources, including, but not limited to, information contained in bookmarks (cookies) (hereinafter referred to as the "browser stored information");
User profiles and information obtained through bookmarks may contain personally identifiable information (user personal data).
For the purposes of implementing this Regulation and providing additional protection for users, the personal data protection regime provided for by the Regulation applies to e-mail addresses, ICQ, Odigo, and IRC.
All user information collected, stored and processed by Rambler shall be considered to be limited access information, unless otherwise provided by the legislation of the Russian Federation or this Regulation.
The relations considered in this Regulation related to collection, storage, processing, distribution and protection of user information of the Internet Resources are regulated in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation. The application of the foreign law to them shall be possible only in cases stipulated by the legislation of the Russian Federation and having international agreements valid for the Russian Federation.
Rambler official documents defining the terms of using individual Internet Resources, including joint partnership projects and Rambler services, may define additional terms, composition and procedure for collection, storage, protection, processing and dissemination of user information.
These Regulations shall take precedence over the aforementioned documents and regulations, which shall apply only if they do not contradict these Regulations and provided that the said documents and regulations do not expressly state that their provisions regarding user information protection shall prevail.
Rambler proceeds from the fact that the user initiating access to the Internet Resources:
- Knowingly uses the Internet Resources on their own behalf and reliably indicates information about them to the extent and in cases where it is required for registration, access and use of the Internet Resources;
- Has consciously determined and controls the settings of the software it uses in accordance with their preferences regarding the protection of the browser stored information, personal data, information about their own hardware and software and Internet connection;
- Has the opportunity to familiarize with the rules and protocols of information exchange, established in the open Internet standards (rfc-editor.org);
- Got acquainted and has the opportunity at any time to familiarize themselves with this Regulation by clicking on hyperlink https://help.rambler.ru/legal/1998/, as well as using technologies regulated by the Personal Data Security Recommendation, World Wide Web Consortium (P3P, Platform for Privacy Preferences, http://www.w3.org/P3P/), and OpenID and OAuth protocols.
When registering and accessing the Internet Resources, the user is prohibited from providing false and/or incomplete information about themselves.
Rambler believes that the user, by registering and accessing the Internet Resources, is familiar with this Regulation, agrees with it and assumes the rights and obligations specified herein.
If the user disagrees with this Regulation, the use of the Internet Resources shall be terminated.
By providing their personal data to Rambler, the user gives their consent to their processing by Rambler in order to enable them to access the content and other content of the Internet Resources, register at them and use them within any available functions.
By providing the data of third parties necessary for the use of the Internet Resource, the user confirms that they have received the consent of these persons to the processing of their personal data or that the user has the authority to express consent on behalf of such persons.
The user also agrees to the personal data transfer between Rambler legal entities and personal data processing by these entities. The purpose of such transfer and processing is to provide the user with the ability to access the content and other content of the Internet Resources, register at them and use them within any available functions.
Rambler assumes that the registration form on the Internet Resource is filled directly by the user. Only the user shall bear responsibility for legality of providing and reliability of personal data of the user and other persons which data are reported. Since Rambler does not establish the user identity and does not assume the responsibility for such identification, Rambler is not responsible for the fact that the user is really the person on whose behalf the registration on the Internet Resource is carried out, and is not responsible for possible damage caused to other users or other persons if the user is not such a person.
Rambler does not assume any obligation to verify the accuracy of the personal data specified by the user, and is not responsible if the user provides a larger amount of data than is provided by the registration form posted on the Rambler Internet Resource.
Mixed processing of users personal data and other persons is provided for whose personal data are specified at registration and use of the Internet Resource that is both processing without use of automation means, and automated processing with transfer of the received information using the Internet.
This consent is granted indefinitely for the entire period of the Internet Resource use.
The user is aware that they can withdraw consent to the personal data processing by sending Rambler a statement in paper or electronic form, including using their account on the Rambler Internet resource with the indication in such a statement of the data provided for by the Federal Law No. 152-FZ "On Personal Data" dated 27 July 2006.
In case of receipt of the notice of consent to the personal data processing in paper form, Rambler, in order to identify the data subject may request from such person additional information provided by the personal data subject when registering on the Internet Resource, or ask such a person to send an electronic request to revoke consent to the personal data processing using the appropriate account of the personal data subject on the Internet Resource. If the applicant fails to perform such additional actions, Rambler has the right to refuse such a person to withdraw consent to the personal data processing in order to protect the rights of third parties.
In case of revocation of the previously issued consent to the personal data processing by the user or third parties whose personal data were obtained by Rambler from the user, these entities will not be able to use the Internet Resource and the services and opportunities provided with its help.
Rambler has the right to continue processing the user personal data after the withdrawal of their consent in the cases provided for by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
The user agrees to receive from Rambler information messages, any kind of advertising and/or other personalized messages related to the Internet Resource and/or the subject of the Internet Resource, as well as products (services) of Rambler and its partners, which can be sent to the e-mail address specified by the user when registering on the Internet Resource, as well as in the form of SMS messages or other types of messages to the phone number specified by the User during registration. In order to receive these messages and promote the Internet Resources, products (services) of the Rambler and its partners, the user agrees to the processing of their personal data.
The user has the right at any time and for any reason to refuse to receive these messages by clicking on the appropriate link contained in such a personalized message.
At the same time, the user is notified that they bear the responsibility established by the legislation of the Russian Federation in case of incorrect contact data, as well as data of third parties without obtaining the appropriate authority from them.
Rambler has the right to process user information obtained as a result of information exchange with third parties under the OpenID and OAuth protocols, provided that these third parties receive the prior user consent for this processing.
Rambler has no intention of receiving information from minors and recommends that legal representatives of minors allow them to work on the Internet only under their own control legal representatives.
Rambler shall apply user information in order to protect the rights of minors within the limits and limits established by applicable law.
Rambler does not verify the accuracy of information received about users and does not exercise control over the legal personality of users.
Rambler shall store user information in accordance with this Regulation and Rambler official documents, defining the rules for the use of the relevant Internet Resources.
Rambler takes all reasonable steps to protect user information from destruction, misrepresentation or disclosure.
Rambler ensures confidentiality of the relevant information within the limits and on the terms established by the current legislation of the Russian Federation and this Regulation.
Besides Rambler and the persons specified in Section 5 of the Regulation, access to user information, subject to observance of requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation is granted to:
- Persons whose rights and obligations to access relevant information are established by Federal laws of the Russian Federation;
- Internet Resource users in terms of access to information that identifies their identity (users personal data), specified by them during registration password and login;
- Rambler partners in relation to joint Rambler partner projects and services within the limits and on the terms established by the relevant official documents defining their use;
- Users of Rambler projects and services within the limits and under the conditions established by the relevant official Rambler documents defining their use;
- Persons and organizations providing technical support services and Rambler services to the extent necessary for the implementation of such technical support, subject to their confidentiality of user information;
- Persons who have applied to Rambler in accordance with the Complaint Handling and Illegal Content Blocking Regulation, subject to the user's statement of objection to the blocking of disputed (illegal) content.
Rambler guarantees the following rights of the Internet Resources user:
- Right to receive information about whether Rambler processes information that allows to identify the user (personal data);
- Right to delete personal data being processed;
- Right to edit, clarify or correct the personal data being processed subject to compliance with the requirements of this Regulation.
Personal data is deleted within three (3) business days from the date of receipt of the user's request and may result in the inability to use the relevant Internet Resources.
If such an opportunity is provided in Rambler projects and services, the user of the Internet Resources has the right to allow or prohibit the provision of information about themselves to Rambler partners or third parties via OpenID and OAuth protocols. In the relevant official documents defining the rules for the use of Rambler projects and services, Rambler undertakes to specify the persons to whom this information will be provided, and the conditions of the specified will of the user in relation to the information use under these protocols.
The user has the right to distribute their personal data by any legal means. Rambler is not responsible for the actions of third parties who have gained access to user information as a result of the stated distribution, or obtained illegal access to protected user information.
Rambler shall distribute and/or provide user information only in the following cases:
- After the processing of the relevant information (information depersonalization), which resulted in information deletion (including e-mail addresses), allowing to identify the user, as well as after the statistical processing of information;
- With the permission of the persons who provided Rambler with their own profiles when registering on the relevant Internet Resources;
- Provision of information to the persons specified in Clause 11 hereof.
Rambler shall use information from user profiles (login and password, security question and answer) to authorize access to the Internet Resources. In this case, Rambler has the right to provide such data to the persons specified in Clause 11 hereof. The user is responsible for the safety of this information, including login and password. Any actions committed with its use are considered by Rambler committed by the user. Transfer of user's own login and password to third parties is not allowed.
If the user becomes aware of the username and password of another user, as well as other confidential information about the latter, they are obliged to notify Rambler and not to use the information that has become known to them.
Rambler shall use user information for the purposes of analysing user interests and preferences, adapting Rambler projects and services according to the results obtained from the above analysis, as well as for the purposes of advertising on the Internet Resources to the extent necessary to display it to the target audience.
Information from user profiles shall not be used by Rambler to send users any information, except as provided by the rules (regulations) of using the relevant Internet Resources, or at their explicit request.
Rambler uses the browser stored information, in accordance with the purposes defined by this Regulation, to determine the unique identifier of the user access to the Internet Resources, including those using Top-100 statistics system, for the following purposes:
- Support the operation of resources that require the use of browser stored information;
- Display advertising to the target audience;
- Measure the size of website audiences, associations, and intersections;
- Determination of statistical information preferences of users when accessing various Internet Resources;
- Definitions for research purposes of correlation of statistical data on website traffic with sociometric data on Rambler users.
By configuring the software, the user has the opportunity to prohibit the use of information stored in the browser on their computer, but this can lead to partial or complete loss of functionality of the Internet Resources.
For the Rambler DSP advertising system, the user has the right to refuse the selection of advertising based on their interests. This can be done on the Opt-Out page by clicking on the "Opt-Out" button. This action applies only to the current browser in which the user performed this action. For any other browser, the user needs to repeat this action.
Rambler has the right to provide relevant information to the persons specified in Clause 11 hereof.
Rambler shall not be responsible for the actions of the owners of the Internet resources using Top-100 statistics system related to the use and dissemination of user information of these Internet resources, and strongly recommends that these persons publicly determine their own rules for the use of user information, taking into account the technical features of Top-100 statistics system.
The user access to Rambler Internet Resources may cause access to third-party Internet resources and downloading of program code and/or graphical objects (including those invisible when displaying Internet pages by the browser) used for advertising purposes and for the purpose of statistics collection. The Internet resource owners shall have the technical ability to collect user information and independently determine the terms of its use.
By configuring the software, the user has the ability to block requests for graphic images hosted on third-party servers, but this can lead to loss of readability and errors in the resource display.
When moving from the pages of Rambler Internet Resources to the pages of third-party Internet resources, users shall independently determine the limits of the use of information about them within the terms and conditions determined by the owners of the relevant Internet resources. The latter have the technological ability to access the browser stored information, and are responsible for respecting the rights of users in connection with its use.
The Internet Resources supported by Rambler contain links to third party Internet resources not covered by this Regulation. Rambler recommends that users request information about the use of user data directly from the owners of these resources.
Rambler shall not be responsible for the actions of third parties who use the Internet Resources in their activities, and strongly recommends that users do not provide their own personal data to third parties without sufficient reason.
Rambler is not responsible for organizing the use of OpenID and OAuth protocols by third parties and ensuring proper protection of user information by the latter, as well as obtaining the legal prior user consent to the processing of their personal data by Rambler within the framework of these protocols use.
In the case of joint partner projects and Rambler services, Rambler official documents and/or partner documents defining the use of the relevant Internet Resources shall indicate how the user information is processed by all partners, including information about who stores and processes the user personal data. Rambler is not responsible for non-compliance of the specified persons with requirements of the current legislation of the Russian Federation.
Rambler considers appeals related to this Regulation, including user requests regarding the use of their personal data, by e-mail: email@example.com or by regular mail at the address: 117105, Russia, Moscow, Varshavskoe shosse, 9, bldg. 1.
The term of response to the received appeals shall be 10 business days from the date of receipt. Anonymous appeals shall not be considered.
All correspondence sent by users to Rambler (letters in usual or electronic form) are perceived by Rambler as information of limited access and can be published only with the written consent of the user, and addresses, personal data and other information about the users who sent these letters can not be used without their special consent otherwise than to answer on the topic of the received appeal.
This Regulation is an open and public document. Its current version is available on the Internet on the Internet at: http://help.rambler.ru/legal/1142
Rambler reserves the right to change the provisions of this Regulation at any time by notifying users on the Internet at the address where this Regulation is posted.